Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Flight of Time


When I was a little kid, time seemed to stand still. I would be excited about something, and it would take FOREVER for it to arrive: holidays, birthdays, horse shows. Time seemed to travel so s-l-o-w-l-y. Mu mom would tell me that, as you get older, time passes more quickly. I wondered how that could be. Now I know. I have SO MUCH to do before I take a group of students (and a few adults) to Paris this summer. I keep thinking that I have all kinds of time. I don't! I have a meeting to schedule, and I don't know when I can do it! How is it that 24 hours can fly by so fast? Don't hours last 60 minutes? And minutes, 60 seconds? And don't 24 hours equal one day? It all sounds so much like the same amount of time that I had for an hour, a day, a week, a month... a year... as when I was a child. Yet, somehow, it moves along in an almost blinding pace!
Well, I guess my mom was right... again... time passes more quickly the older we get. I wonder, if I am 35 right now, how much more quickly will the days pass when I am 70?! Geez! I don't want to think about it!

No comments: