Sunday, March 9, 2008

Snow and flip flops

My sister-in-law is getting a taste of what snow-folks are like as soon as snow melts. She wrote in her blog of crazy people in Flagstaff wearing shorts and flip flops already. Megan... that is what happens once the temps rise above freezing in the more wintery climates! I recall wearing tee-shirts, shorts, and sandals once the temp was about 50 in Bemidji, and it felt great! I imagine it is a strange thing to observe your first winter in a colder climate, but, next year you will be the one donning summer garb as soon as the snow melts.
As for us, our snow is but a soggy yard and a misshapen blob of what was once a snowman. Just a wet memory. I am sad. I love the snow! But, it is really beautiful outside today (though our yard is soaked and "puddly" and Gabe has one pair of shoes that fit, so he is not allowed out in it). I am so mean!

1 comment:

plain jane said...

Oh, I'll admit that I'm already guilty of putting away my coats and wandering around in long-sleeved t-shirts and canvas shoes without socks even though our high temperatures are still in the 40s most days. But the short-shorts and flip-flops seemed a little insane. Then again, I never wear short-shorts...not even when the temperatures hit triple digits.