Monday, July 14, 2008

And We Ate Corn






The garden has been such a blessing this summer. Gabe and I have been eating from it for weeks now, but, a few days ago we ate the first ears of corn from our little patch. And oh my goodness! So good!!!
I thought that I would post a few images from the past week, including some harvested produce, some garden shots, and an image or so of Gabe.
My mom should be here sometime today, so I am really looking forward to that. I called her this morning and she was about 5 hours away at a little before noon, so I imagine she'll be here at dinnertime. Gabe and I ate corn on the cob (again) with lunch, but I think we should have some more with dinner!
That first helping of corn was actually on Friday, right before my final Paris meeting, and, well, Gabe ate his cob and then stole mine from my plate and finished that! And so, after eating all of that corn plus a grilled tuna steak (well, a piece of a steak), he promptly threw up. Overeating will do it, but, if you are to gather any pertinent info from that tale it is this; the corn is delish! Yummy! Yummy! Yummy!!!

1 comment:

Beverly B. said...

Looks yummy. You're hard work has payed off. I'm so jealous about Paris.