Thursday, July 24, 2008

Jet Lag and Parenthood






You are not allowed to feel jet lag as a mother of a toddler. I think it is some sort of unwritten rule. I am exhausted! It is 7:42 am here, so that makes it 12:42 am in Paris. I would just be getting to bed right now were I still on the trip. But here, well, I have been awake since 5:30, when Gabe so lovingly woke me up from the best sleep I have had in more than a week. Oh well. It is nice to be home, but I wish I were more awake.
My trip to Paris was really excellent. The kids were such fun, for the most part. There was certainly some drama, but nothing that Crystal and I couldn't manage. I loved watching the kids experience so many new things. I especially loved watching them gain independence while we were there. Watching these 8 teenagers grow and mature as they experienced new things, learned about history they haven't even studied in school yet, and grow as individuals was such an amazing experience for me.
I will post a few pictures from Paris now, but I will link to a Picasa album later, as I took 823 images and/or videos while on this trip! Not as many as last time, but... a fair amount considering we were only gone for 6 days. But, as a mom, I have to spend time with Gabe right now.

3 comments:

CF Winn said...

great pics and great story!

CF Winn said...

great pics and great story!

Beverly B. said...

I'm so jealous but not about the escargot.