Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Garden Update











Sorry! I realize this is upside-down, but Blogger is not allowing me to edit the images for some reason!




This post is primarily for Mike, as he is in Costa Rica, and hasn't asked much about the garden. I know he is curious and wants an update, so, I took a few pictures today of the garden as well as of a few freshly harvested veggies, including... da da da daaaa! Our first ear of corn!!! I was checking the corn,as I am uncertain of what markers to look for to know how the corn is doing. I was pleasantly surprised by the full pollination of the ear, though the kernals are a bit immature; I am still planning to eat it! Aside from that exciting development, our tomato plants are heavy with fruit, and still, knock on wood, free from worms! I was only able to harvest a few cherry tomatoes, but, I plan to cut back some of the sucker vines on our in-garden plants to help them ripen, as they are getting pretty large and have not changes from their acid green color yet.
What else? Well, I spent all day yesterday in the garden, pulling weeds, with a few friends and the missionaries (for those who do not know, we are LDS... Mormon... and the missionaries are a great asset to the community, providing not only wonderful gospel instruction for non-members, but hard work and sweat in service for members and non-members alike!)So, today I ran to Home Depot and picked up soil and mulch, the latter of which I will need to get more of, and this afternoon I spent burying onions a little deepre, and mulching around plants and between rows. I am trying to prevent repeating yesterday's task as much as I can!! Anyway, what I have finished looks great, and I look forward to completing the task and posting amny pictures.
So, enjoy the photos!!!

4 comments:

plain jane said...

These pictures are gorgeous. Your blog feels Summery and happy and healthy. Beautiful. Beautiful.

Have I told you that I'm jealous of your garden? Because I really, really am.

Maunderer said...

Who the heck is Berto!? I guess that I don't get the question. Now to MY comments. WOW. ... WOW. The garden is looking amazing. Thank you so much for the updates.
Love you.

beccabeck said...

I have no clue about that first comment...
I think they were trying to spread a virus, perhaps.

beccabeck said...

Got rid of that "Berto" comment. The face was so ugly! It messed with the ambience! :)