Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Funeral for a Mouse, or, Rosco, the Mighty


So, I came home to a mouse caught in a glue trap, my pitbull poised over it, triumphantly. It was still alive, barely caught, and squirming a bit. Nasty little thing. Anyway, after attempting to dispose of it, it got free of the trap and so I screamed, tossing my dustpan over it, catching it (kinda) between a plastic Target bag, a very sticky glue trap, and my now non-existant dustpan. You see, I didn't want the trap to become a "toddler trap," and my son was closing in.


I attended to my son, who was very set on getting his Diego stickers off of the sheet and onto his body, when the mouse broke completely free. In an instant, Rosco, my fearless and mighty pitbull terrier, pounced upon the ferocious mouse, pinning it to the ground with his gi-normous mouth. It was over in a matter of a fraction of a second. Pitbull 1: mouse 0


I love my dog!

No comments: