Monday, February 25, 2008

"Think, think, think..."

"If you have a problem, THINK! When you have a problem... THINK! THINK! THINK!" Or, at least that is what Pooh says on "My Friends Tigger and Pooh, " a show my son, Gabe, LOVES!

Saturday we went to have breakfast with Diego at a local bookstore (what a waste of money!) and Gabe got a balloon. He loves balloons. Anyway, he decided that his balloon should not be tied to his wrist, but that he should hold the string.

We headed to Target after Diego and Gabe brought the balloon in with him, grasping the string tightly in his little fist. Of course it was not long before he let go of his balloon. He's two. I was so proud of him, though, because he did not cry. He did not whine. He stood up in the cart and tried to reach his beloved balloon. No luck. He jumped. An inch or two perhaps. No luck. He then sat back down in the cart, put his finger to his head and said, "Think, think, think." He gestured that I should help, saying, "Need help!" I showed him that I, too, was not tall enough to reach his balloon. So he sat down in the cart and was fine!
He is TWO!

So, am I proud that my son is a thinker? You better believe it! Perhaps I am making too much of this, but I teach junior high kids, and many of them wouldn't handle such a situation in a similar manner. I hope that Gabe is always more of a thinker than an emotional reacter (is that a word?). You know what I mean.

No comments: