Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Running...

I ran again today. I think that I did better. I still was out for a half an hour (so, not long) and I did the same loop as yesterday, but I "ran" more of it. (I put that in quotes because I am ridiculously slow) I may have ran more slowly in parts of my loop, but I walked less of it, which is good. My legs, feet, butt, and ribs hurt, and my face was really red for a while after I was done. It felt great! I am proud of my efforts, however pathetic they may seem to others, because I hate running usually, but I have really liked running these past two days. You have to start somewhere, right?
If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.
Maya Angelou

1 comment:

Maunderer said...

That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
US essayist & poet (1803 - 1882)

I really just want to tell you that I am proud of you. I don't think that what you are doing pathetic. But as they say in the Dominican Republic, "Grano a grano el gallo se llena el buche" which means Grain by grain a rooster fills his crop. The idea is persistence. Pathetic or not, stick with it.
I love you.