Monday, April 28, 2008

Today is April 28

I didn't run Saturday or Sunday. I know... BAD Becky! But, I just got back from my little loop and I shaved another 5 minutes off of my time! So, I feel good about that. I know I can do better, but I started feeling sick to my stomache after the first 1/4 mile, so I am impressed that I continued. It used to be that I would immediately wimp out. It helps that I talked to my father today and we talked about my goal to lose weight and get healthy. He sounded proud of me, though he wouldn't say it, and that was wonderful. He has been laid up since December 28th with herniated disks (unable to walk at all) and now, as if things were not already crap-tacular enough, his wife has cancer (not 100% certain if it is "just" bone or bone and liver). She had a liver biopsy done today, I guess. Poor woman. I feel really bad for her. For my dad, too.
Anyway, on that upbeat note, I will end for the day.
Bon soir, mes amis!

2 comments:

Beverly B. said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad's situation, but good for you for running. I need to get back into my excercise routine too.

Karen Hopkins said...

May first?? How can I keep up with your life as a runner at this rate?
Love you. Tell you dad to hang in there. K