Sunday, May 11, 2008

Inverted Insanity!






We now have inverted tomatoes, inverted jalepenos, inverted habaneros, and I have begun sowing herbs in the tops of our "inverted planter" buckets. We have plants hanging on our porch and on our fence. I guess one could assume that we are now hooked on this form of gardening. As for our traditional garden, we have sprouts in our corn, beets, radishes, and lettuce. Last night, just before we were hit with a crazy storm, I also sowed green beans and sugar snap peas. I really enjoy working alongside of Mike in this little garden, and Gabe is really into it, as well. He loves to cover up my seeds with dirt! He follows us around, watering, pouring more soil on the seeds, putting stray fertilizer where needed. He is quite the little sod-buster!

I am certain Mike will blog about our little organic seed pots, so I won't wreck that for him. It is a really neat idea, and, if he doesn't write about it soon, I will photograph and write about it tomorrow.

1 comment:

Beverly B. said...

WOW! That's super neat. Someday I might do that too.