Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Strawberry Fields Forever





Today I introduced Gabe to the delight which are garden fresh strawberries! I am not too sure if I should have done this since now he has become a little strawberry pickin' fiend! At first he wasn't too certain about these little red thingies hanging from a plant in our yard, but, after I force-fed him one (c'mon all you moms... admit it... you have shoved something wonderful into that little mouth before to get your kid to "try this!") he was like a strawberry junkie! So now I have to be ever watchful lest the strawberries are picked before their time. Gabe ran around the garden singing, "Strawberry, strawberry!" I think I should teach him to play his little guitar and sing Lennon's Strawberry Fields and record it for youtube. Or wait... has something like that been done before? lol

SO anyway, here are some pictures from today. Enjoy.

Also, I ran much more quickly today. I feel a lot stronger, though my legs started to cramp because I am a lazy stretcher. I guess I need to improve on that aspect of this quest to better health, a smaller pants size, and a nice runner's butt! Once I have acheived that second one I will post before/after pics. Until then you must believe that my pants are fitting better and I feel stronger (though not as strong as I would like). Now onward to pants that are too freakin' big to possibly wear and a mini shopping spree for size sevens! Goal set. Game on!

2 comments:

plain jane said...

That's how my dad taught me to love tomatoes. I think I was probably four years old (and, yes, I still remember it) when he took me to the garden and forced me to try one.

...but, dang, "forced" does sound like a bad word, doesn't it? I cringed a little when I typed it, but I just can't think of anything more appropriate.

Anyway!

I'm jealous of your garden and I'm seriously considering investing in a few buckets, hanging hooks, and tomato plants this weekend.

Beverly B. said...

I'm so impressed with your garden.