Saturday, May 31, 2008

Summer!!!

I know, it isn't technically summer yet, but... I am officially on my summer break! Yeehaw! Yesterday would have been my last day but, instead, it was my first day off! Let me explain. Our district opted to make Thursday a "double duty" day, so we all stayed until 8 pm. That is a really long day, let me tell you! Especially when you are pretty much all done with everything already. So, here is what I did. I painted a table and chairs for Gabe. I actually only finished the table and one chair. You see, Mike dropped Gabe off at my work at about 6:00-6:30, and so I hurriedly finished one chair, but then had to spend the rest of my time preventing him from chopping off fingers (paper cutter), eating paint, and running off down the halls. He LOVES school!



So, that's that. Here are some pictures of the table and the finished chair. Many of you know of Gabe's obsession with pirates, so this seemed a fitting theme. I think I will deck his room out in pirate stuff later this summer. I still have to varnish or polyeurethane the table to protect it, but I kinda want to wait for it to get a bit worn first. Easy peasie with Gabe on duty!

1 comment:

plain jane said...

Wow. I love the table! But it looks like poor Gabe has bug bites on his arms ... ouch.