Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday!

So, it is Friday. Mike called last night from Costa Rica, where he is taking a few classes as prerequisites for his Masters which he is starting in August. He is, unfortunately, at least an hour from the beach, has to take a bus twice daily for classes, and feels a bit like he is in prison. Hopefully it starts to get better. They don't sell bus passes there (!!??!?!?!?!) and so he has to pay $2 a day just to get to and from his classes. That is ridiculous!
I tried to weed this morning. I thought that I could get a good deal done, as Gabe was engaged in Sesame Street, and since he has not seen that since he was at daycare (I finally pulled out the rabbit ears and attached them to our 32" HDTV--we got rid of the satellite since we had to cut expenses). He was really happy to watch Super Why and Clifford this morning. But, alas, he saw me out in the garden, pulling green things, and decided to help. He took a culled carrot (I was thinning and weeding them, even though the onions need it more, simply because I watered late last night, and the onion rows were really muddy) and ran inside singing "Rabbit! Rabbit" Kangaroo!" and I found him in the sink, trying to use the sprayer! It could have been much worse than it wound up being, since I caught him just before he solved the sprayer dilemma.
SO... although he naps during the hottest part of the day, I guess I will work in the garden during his naptime. I don't think Mike realizes that watching Gabe and weeding are not compatible. Nah...he does, but he cannot do anything about it while he is in Costa Rica. So I will do what I can and hope that I don't get too terribly burnt.
I have not felt comfortable weeding while the Olsens were staying with us, since I get really hot when I am working so hard out there, and don either my bathing suit or a tank top and a pair of Mike's swim trunks. Not really very modest. So, now that they have moved into their own home, I feel like I can weed once more. Boy do I have a lot of catching up to do!
Anyway... I will definitely be outside today pulling weeds while Gabe sleeps. I had plans to go to the park with a few women from church, but I wasn't able to get anything done this morning (like I had planned) so I think I will save gas and stay in. I have so much to do here that leaving doesn't sound like a very good idea. I do need to get my tire patched (got a flat the night Mike left) and pick up a few things from work (I am starting to give art leesons to a friend's kids one day a week) and, hopefully, go to the bank. I say hopefully because I am expecting a paycheck that, most likely, won't be deposited electronically. I hope that it gets here today. We are B-R-O-K-E!
Until next time...

No comments: