Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Potty Training 101



I don't know what I am doing and neither does Gabe.


We are not operating on the same wavelength here! I am attempting to potty train my son, and he has a different idea. He wants to wear his "big boy" underwear, but says "No potty!" whenever I put him on the potty. He refuses to do anything in the potty, but will freely go whenever and wherever else he feels the urge. I think I need to be more of a dictator where this is concerned, since I have now found him cleaning up in the living room after he has had an accident, and you'd think that might be stimulus enough to just go in the potty. No! Not my boy!


But, I am going to stick with it. Gabe really loves to ride the pig on the carousel at a mall about 20 miles from here, so I am trying to communicate the idea that he will get a special outing to ride the pig after he stops using diapers and pull-ups (though I will most likely let him wear pull-ups on outings for a while).


Any ideas (besides the "Use a doll and let him teach it" method, as I am not able to buy one that does all that fancy business on our present budget) are appreciated! At any rate, your prayers are certainly appreciated. I will keep posting as we keep moving forward in this new and exciting chapter in child-(and parent-)hood!!

No comments: