Monday, June 9, 2008

Tigers!

I wish I had had my camera today when we went to the zoo. We were on our way home from Home Depot and decided to drop in to the zoo for a quick visit. While we were there we checked in with the tigers (Gabe loves the big cats) and... OH MY GOODNESS! Such excitement! One of the cats was tracking Gabe. I kid you not. It got into the water and followed him from one side of the exhibit to the other! It was very unsettling (thoughts of San Francisco Zoo flashed through my mind, and visions of me trying to protect my son from an escaped tiger forced me to take him down below, where you can view the tigers through glass).
It flippin' followed him down there! And then it jumped against the window more than a half-dozen times!! Gabe thought it was terrific! He kept looking at the people who were staring at him and this enormous tiger and saying, "Mine tiger!" (translation: "That is MY tiger!")
Anyway, I really wish I had thought to bring the camera along, but who needs a camera at the bank and Home Depot? Really??
On another note; I submitted my "Black History Micrography" project to my favorite art lessons website and heard back today with a resounding "WOW!!" That made me feel really great. I mean, I think the pieces are exceptional, but, to hear from IAD that she thinks that they are wonderful (she went on to tell me how much she LOVES the pieces...)... well, that just made my day!

1 comment:

Karen Hopkins said...

When Ari was little we had a similar experience with a black panther at the Salt Lake zoo. Really rather freaky.
Then in Phoenix at the big cat zoo out by Fountain Hills a tiger sprayed Charlie. I guess he recognized him as a rival. Gabe better tell those tigers to watch out! He is growing fast!